Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NETWORK!!





I recently attended an event for my internship. It was called "So...You Want to Work in NY?" and consisted of a panel of recent graduates and alumni who were supposed to speak about their experiences working and living in New York.

While some of their advice was specific to their own career fields in marketing and finance, they provided more general advice for all the listeners, such as living in New York can be expensive so try to find a roommate and live outside the city, like in Brooklyn or Queens.

However, one of the most helpful pieces of advice that they all agreed on and seemed to be the most useful was the importance of networking.

Networking is how most of them found their jobs and they could not stress it enough.

Network! Network! Network!

I guess sometimes it really is about who you know.

1 comment:

  1. Kayla:

    Cannot agree more! Networking is so important for any job. I found my internship through a car cleaning business I run back in my hometown. It's amazing how things come together from the most unlikely places...all thanks to networking!

    Dave (another COMM internship student)

    ReplyDelete